Friday, January 9, 2015

Grace's Welcome Gifts ~ GOTY 2015

Hey guys! So as promised I am going to be doing a review of Grace's Welcome Gifts, which is her main accessories. Grace is the new GOTY for American Girl, and you can check out my post about her on this website! So without further ado, let's get started!



Here is the box sticker. It says that it contains: 1flower bouquet, 1gift box, 1 set of macarons, 3 postcards, 1 beret, and 1 bag with 2 cookies. It also says for ages 8+.
The side of the box. They changed the boxes this year. I think it's to make them more distinguishable from the new Beforever boxes. The old boxes were just a simple pink boxes. Now it is this very cool purple and it has lots of stars. It also has emblems that say "girl of the year."
And here is the front. I am not sure if the red and purple really go together, but almost all AG items have this on it, so maybe they wanted to keep that the same.

So now onto the items.


Up first we have this really cute beret. It is pink and has a heart with sequins. I really like how the hat looks o the doll (SEE EARLIER POST). My only complaint is it seems to shed on the dolls head a little bit and it is a bit difficult to get it to look nice on the doll. But once it is on nice than it looks really awesome. It is very nice quality and JUST LOOK AT HOW CUTE THAT LITTLE THING~A~ MA~BOB LOOKS!!!!!! I am talking about that thing that sticks up from berets. It is so realistic!!!!!




Next are the little macarons. Macarons are probably my favorite bakery treat. I LOVE THEM!!! These look really realistic, too, and the texture looks really nice. All of them are attached but I like that because it makes them easier to put in the box. The material seems nice with these. The box is really cute and I like the little window that allows you to see the macarons. The box is made out of cardboard but it seems pretty sturdy. *Wouldn't recommend stepping, sitting, or throwing it across the room to test it's sturdiness.*



This is the little Eiffel Tower cookies. They come in a mesh bag so you can see it. They are exactly the same, as you can see in the last two pictures. I really like this, but they feel really plasticy in my opinion. I do not recommend taking them out, since you most likely won't be able to get them back in there and get the bow tied again.


These are the bouquet of flowers. This is so cute! The flowers are fabric and very detailed. Their stems poke through the bottom so they can not come out unless you want to destroy the pretty paper/ cardboard. The holder is so cute and i personally love the polka dots. This is such a cute prop.






Up next we have postcards! I had trouble focusing on them, so bear with me. We have one of the eiffel tower (for her Grandparents), one of  the Louvre, a famous art museum where you can find the Mona Lisa (For her friend Maddy) and one that is of a picture of France (For her friend Ella). These are all written in cursive and have sweet little messages. The pictures are nice and I am a fan of the stamps. :D Also they are made of a heavy cardstock/ light cardboard.
And here is everything! I like this quite a lot! It is really cute and I  recommend it. It includes a lot for the price ($32) and everything is mostly good quality. To check out the rest of Grace's collection Click Here. Thanks for Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment